Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Upward Season Again!

So Chris is getting ready to start his 2nd season of Directing Upward Basketball! And this year - we will have Cheerleading too! (haha - which will be very entertaining I am sure)! I am very excited because last year it was so much fun. It's hard because it takes up a lot of time, including our Saturdays for a couple of months but it is definitely worth it. I LOVE getting to interact with the kids and helping them learn new skills and watching them light up when you encourage them. I tear up A LOT - Haha -I can't help it!!
A lot of the kids that join our league have tough home situations and have had hard lives...even though they are so young. They just LOVE feeling wanted and included. I love being able to give that to them...even if it is just for a little while each week. They melt my heart!
I am so proud of Chris for all the time and work and love he puts into running the program. He takes time to speak with all of the parents personally as often as he can and he is so patient and encouraging with all of the kids. I can see how God uses him and his sincere care for others in his job so much. He is one in a million!! And he will do a great job again this year! I can't wait to help. :)




























2 comments:

Susan Sene said...

That seems like so much fun! God bless u both for investing in those children!

Chris Kauffman said...

Thanks. This blog helped me stay excited during this dull registration time. I'm getting calls from new parents every day now!