Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Love Chuck-town...




Charleston is one of my most favorite places in the wide world! Growing up in S.C., I spent weekends there with my family. We rented bikes, went to the market, played in the fountains, and went to Folly Beach. It was always so much fun. In college I spent some time there visiting my friend Erin. THEN, I graduated and actually got to live there with her for a while. (She is such an amazing friend that she let me live with her rent free!!) This was an interesting time in my life. I was so excited to move and then boom - I was out of college for good and had to face the fact that it was time to start working to survive. Charleston was a transition place for me. It feels like home even though I only really lived there a few months.

Sometimes there are aspects of "ole' SC" that I don't want to embrace. Some things about the South aren't my most favorite...but Charleston does not fall into that category. Atleast a few times a week something reminds me of how much I wish I could be there.
Chris and I go as often as we can...who knows, maybe one day we will live there together. :) But whether we do or not...it's always going to feel like home.

1 comment:

Hopeful said...

I LOVE Charleston too!!!